Here’s an easy French Onion Soup Recipe. It won’t take you more than 45 minutes and it’s one of those get it started and forget about it recipes!
5 small to medium yellow onions
4 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1 tbsp. black pepper
3 bay leafs
48 oz. beef stock (organic)
10 oz. water
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot on high.
2. Slice onions and place into pot with salt and pepper. Cook and stir occasionally until light brown.
3. Pour in beef stock, water and add bay leafs. Return to a boil.
4. Cover and change heat to simmer.
5. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
Melissa Van Dover